Popular Posts

Thursday 22 March 2018

GRACE

I was skeptical about writing this at first. Is it necessary? why should I?  But then, I decided to write. There are lots of things we take for granted which we shouldn't. This is just a reminder that God still does his wonders.

It's a sunny day, So I left the office with three of my colleagues.  We all entered BRT and alighted at the last bus stop. Two of them already got to their destination while myself and one other person have to board another taxi or bike to our own destination.

We bought the drinks and plantain we would eat when we get home.  So we took a bike, I sat first then she sat behind me. We started gisting. I told her how I first got to abeokuta. While we were gisting, just one minute into the journey, we heard a loud hit(gboa), I looked up and realized the bikeman mistakenly hit a guy who was about to cross the road without looking left or right.

There and then, the bike began to lose its balance.  Before I knew it, my friend already jumped out of the bike as she was behind, I was blank at first, so I started struggling to jump off the bike, I kept struggling, the drinks I was carrying already found its way out of the nylon. I held on tight to my phone and kept struggling. The bike now was already on the floor, I tried to stand up before it finally rested on me. I stood up without a  scratch, Just my sandals got spoilt.  My wig almost left my head,  so I adjusted it after I left the road.

I looked back, and I realized there has actually been a trailer behind us all this while.  Wow! this could only have been God. The trailer had break? God allowed the break to work? God allowed the driver apply the break? I was blank completely.

My friend then told me she quickly jumped out of the bike immediately she saw the trailer and she was wondering what I was still doing on the road. I DIDN'T KNOW!  I was just trying to escape from the bike not knowing there was actually something bigger which might have hit me. But then, God said it's not time yet!

People kept coming to me saying I should use pain reliever and make sure I massage my body. They even said my friend was smart, that she quickly jumped.Lol.  So my Friend made sure she picked the drinks scattered on the road.  lol

God just saved us!  That was GRACE, I said.

We got home and we actually still ate the plantain and drank the drinks ... I just kept wondering what would have happened if God had not intervened ...  would we have been dead?  Would we have been hospitalized?

Someone told me same thing happened to a lady but unfortunately, she was crushed to death by the trailer.

Have you ever wondered how an accident happens immediately after you left a scene or before you get there, it could have been you but God always has his way of protecting us. Give him thanks always.

Hey people, God is still on the throne. He always show up when we need him. He keeps to his promises. God loves us so much. He's the only one who shuts a door no one can open, and when he opens a door, no one can shut it.
Gbanigbani ti aye n saya, Alagbada ina,The one who is and is to come.

God is still in the business of doing miracles .....

May the GRACE of the Lord be with us always.

7 comments:

  1. God is good. His grace will always be sufficient for you. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why the Morning prayer is key before stepping out. I am glad Grace found you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should always thank God and appreciate him always

    ReplyDelete

PURPOSEFUL LIVING

Matthew 21:18-19 18 Now in the morning, as He returned to the  city, He was hungry. 19 And seeing a fig tree by  the road, He came to it...