Popular Posts

Thursday 15 February 2018

VALENTINE'S DAY 2

On getting to the office, my boss told me to do some research in the library, you need to see how fast I was with it. Luckily for me, I was able to find the relevant law reports to give my boss. I left my office for wunmi's office immediately I gave them to her.

Back in wunmi's office, her head was placed on the table. She didn't notice I entered the office, I moved closer to her and tapped her on the shoulder, she was actually crying all along. She told me she didn't like the way I left her all alone after I allowed her to start sharing her story.  I instantly told her Sorry

So she continued;
The relationship was actually going on smoothly until one day. "She sighs"
That day, She was returning from class one afternoon when she ran into a friend(a guy). Apparently, they lived in the same neighborhood while she was growing so they were used to each other.  His name is Sam. She was so excited to see Sam and she quickly ran into his arms and gave him a hug.  They tried to catch up on good times as they stood on the same spot,smiling and chuckling. The excitement did not allow Wunmi notice the presence of Fola as he passed. Fola sighted wunmi speaking with Sam, He quickly went to the scene and dragged away Wunmi whose expression quickly changed from smiling to....... Sam just stood as he watched in amazement.

He dragged her to his own hostel;  Fola is very rich so he could afford to stay in the hostel alone. They both entered, he shut the door and started accusing Wunmi of cheating on him, reminding her of the rule He gave her not to have male friends which she agreed to. As wunmi tried to defend and explain herself, angry fola lifted his hands and hit wunmi on the face. Tears rolled down her eyes as this would be the first time Fola would do this and this is just 8 months into the relationship. Fola immediately went down on his knees and apologized saying its pressure and even reminded her that he has never done that before .

So what did you say or do to him?  I asked Wunmi as she continues her story

I forgave him of course she replied. You know I love him, she added

Just before she irritates me with her blind love, I told her she is not smart at all.  why would she forgive that beast?

Then I thought to myself again, this is not a time to scold her. I told her sorry as she sobs and continued her story
She continued;

The relationship continued as sweet as ever. Wunmi kept all her male friends away. She keeps talking to her female friends. He also follows Wunmi to church when he wants to.  wunmi is now a worker so she's always in church like 5times in a week. They kept to their promise of no sex before marriage and try as much to avoid situations where sex may arise.

it's the beginning of a new semester/year and it's going to be a tough semester for Fola as its his final year in the University. He needs to devote more time to his studies.
He explained to wunmi that he might be a little bit busy. Wunmi understood immediately he told her. She sometimes help him with his housechores, cooking and all.

When she said this, I asked her why she does all that when she's not his wife yet. You should have added value to yourself in the relationship. Can't he do his chores himself?

Wunmi told me to shut up immediately and listen to the complete story.  she kept saying she was so in love with him.

It's a very cold afternoon as it just rained, Fola told wunmi he would be busy reading in his room and won't be able to follow her for evening service but she could check him around 9pm in the night while coming back from church.

Wunmi got to church and while the service was ongoing, she remembered she left her phone in Fola's room and her parents might try reaching her. She quickly left church as its a stone throw from the hostel. on getting to the door, She didn't bother knocking, she entered and saw her beloved boyfriend in a compromising position with a lady.

She picked her phone and left

Really? please was your brain taken away from you when you were falling in love?

While she was about to reply me, I checked the time, it was 2:30p.m. It's lunch time I said, I'm so famished. Let's go to the cafeteria to get something to eat. She said she doesn't feel like eating. I succeeded in convincing her to have lunch.

While we ate, I kept wondering how could someone be in love and be stupid. Even if you want to be stupid you should not be stupid for too long.

Or what do you guys think?

14 comments:

  1. Hnnnm.. do not blame her, you just called it blind love

    ReplyDelete
  2. She didn't use her sense in the relationship cos immediately a guy raise his hands to beat you,then such can do dangerous things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmmm... Love can be funny at times though

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed the story. The character Wunmi reminds you of the stereo typed naive obedient girlfriend,a simpleton of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... You are right. Let's see what happens to her

      Delete
  4. It actually don't seem stupid at first... God heal her shaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love makes people do crazy things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... Nice 1 gurl��

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hnmmmmmm... The word #LOVE# can render the WISE brainless.. If u love someone wholeheartedly and the person loves you endlessly then I say CONGRATULATIONS.. MAYOR NEXT PLEASE

    ReplyDelete

PURPOSEFUL LIVING

Matthew 21:18-19 18 Now in the morning, as He returned to the  city, He was hungry. 19 And seeing a fig tree by  the road, He came to it...