Popular Posts

Saturday 17 February 2018

VALENTINE'S DAY 4 (CONCLUDING PART)

She said as she couldn't control her tears anymore;

12a.m this morning, Her boyfriend, Fola called her to wish her happy Valentine! They spoke for over 30minutes before they both retired to bed.

On her way to work, they chatted endlessly. Infact, he said he's coming to surprise her at work today and She was even hoping I would finally meet him

So????  I asked

She said....
immediately she got to work, she logged in to instagram to check whats happening as usual. Guess what she saw as she scrolled down? My sister, she said "I saw the picture of Fola and that girl I saw him with in his room when we were in the University. "

What were they doing in the picture? I asked,

She replied;
It's their Engagement pictures. They did their engagement last Saturday. The engagement was so elaborate. They were so cute together. She looked further and saw that they have also done their court wedding. She saw Fola's parents both smiling in the pictures. She saw these pictures on one of the wedding IG handles. She said as tears flow freely from her eyes as she showed me the pictures.

At this point, I felt really sorry for my friend. So she has been deceived all these while.  For good 4years. He is still deceiving her. Why couldn't he even break up with her before he got engaged to another woman? what about Fola's parents? Did they deceive Wunmi too?  what story did Fola tell his parents? This is wickedness.

I quickly asked about Sam

Wunmi told me Sam just proposed to his girlfriend on Sunday. He told her about it because of their friendship. They planned the proposal together.

This is so so sad I said. How could a man like Fola be so heartless?why did Wunmi waive away warning signals?  I thought to myself. She saw the signs but was lost in the ocean of love.

I tried to pacify my friend so I decided I'm going to tell her my story about "the man I love whose name starts with S"

As I was about to start;  She wanted to leave but I begged her to listen to my own story.

I started;
I'm in love with a man whose name starts with S
He's so loving and caring
Ever since I met him, it has been happiness all the way.
When I'm down, he shows up and lifts me
He has proven to me so well that I won't find anyone like him
In time of tears, he's my comforter
In my weakness, he strengthens me
He knows and sees my flaws, yet loves me

Wunmi sighs

I continued in tears this time;
He's a shoulder to lean on
His love for me is so real
I love the way he loves me
Even when I find it difficult to express my love, he still loves me
He's always faithful to me
Oh!  I can't describe him enough
Everyone around me can testify of how good he is to me.
He is faithful to me

I'm in love with a man whose name starts with S
I will never trade him for anyone else
I have vowed to stay with him for the rest of my life
I can't tell of his wonderful works enough
I'm in love with the SAVIOUR!

We were both in tears as I finished talking.

Then I said to her;

Wunmi, I'm very sorry for everything that happened to you.
But I want to reintroduce you to the saviour, He's the only that saves.
I know you know him but I can say to you that you don't love him enough
You were just going to church
You never even committed your relationship to God's hands
You waived away warning signals
You saw the signs boldly but you ignored it
Mistakes are part of our lives though
I'm sure you have learnt your lessons
You walked in the flesh even when you knew the truth (JESUS)
No relationship is worth your relationship with God
You just wanted to be everything Fola wants you to be.
God has a reason for everything
I'm sure you don't want to end up with heartless Fola
You need to give your all to the saviour right now
Give all your love to him
It's not too late dear
Only when you find him, you can find yourself
There's no better love than Jesus' Love
Let him fight all your battles
Let go and Let God.
It is well dear
Cry no more!
Rejoice in Lord
May He heal your broken heart.

We prayed together and wiped our tears.

Checked the time,  it's 5:30pm already. Seems as if everyone had gone home.  we quickly headed home as I kept speaking and encouraging Wunmi.

ON VALENTINE'S DAY, she was heartbroken in the morning, but just before she left for home in the evening, she found peace in Christ. I know the healing might take time but I'm happy she's back in Christ.  This is a VALENTINE well spent to hear a friend, advise her and pray with her.

To everyone out there, some people are in an abusive relationship like Wunmi, but you keep enduring all in the name of love. DON'T TRY TO BE EVERYTHING YOUR PARTNER WANTS YOU TO BE FORGETTING WHAT GOD HAS CALLED YOU TO BE. Kindly seek help now, talk to God about it. Love the saviour, do his will and he will order your steps. Just keep asking him for his perfect will in your relationship.

May we not love for the wrong reasons. May we find true love. May that person you love reciprocate that love to you. You will never be deceived.


Thank you all for Reading!!!!

14 comments:

  1. Standing ovation to my dear friend... This is just.... Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much darling!!!! I really appreciate.

      Delete
  2. Tnx a lot hun.... Got d msg ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome dear.. I'm happy you did dear

      Delete
  3. Atewo, I applaud your brilliance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww!! thank you so much dear. Glory be to God

      Delete
  4. Ooh mayowa I won't lie I just had time to finally read this I must say I'm not in anyway disappointed.. Thanks for share such awesome story and I pray the good lord heals every "Wunmi" out there..well-done girl 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!!!! Thank you so much baby girl 😘 may the Lord lead us aright.

      Delete
  5. May God continue to increase your knowledge my friend. Thanks for such story with me. God bless you plenty, heard what I needed to hear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen darling. I'm happy to hear this. God bless you dear

      Delete
  6. So beautiful mayowa.
    I enjoyed the story as per usual!! Decided to comment in here today and not the what's app group "mide ajoje" created.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww.. Thank you so so much. I really appreciate dear. God bless you

      Delete
  7. Lovely write up and story. But you know the funny thing in life, for almost all grown up ladies, we've found ourselves in such mess and it took God's grace and love for us overcome and forget. But ended up being a great lesson in life to tell whoever cares to listen to and learn from. God help us all.

    ReplyDelete

PURPOSEFUL LIVING

Matthew 21:18-19 18 Now in the morning, as He returned to the  city, He was hungry. 19 And seeing a fig tree by  the road, He came to it...